Ever seen a pigeon couple and their nest? Or for that matter, any other bird in it's nest? I had this wonderful opportunity to check out a pair of pigeons build their nest, lay two eggs and incubate them, not to mention the daily maintenance of their humble abode. Here is a 5 minute clip of one of the pigeon couples working on their cozy home!
Wondering why I digressed from the basic theme of all my posts? Well, I've been finding myself rearranging things around the house, much like this Mama Pigeon (I should have introduced the characters in my movie - Mama Pigeon: she is the one sitting in the nest and Papa Pigeon: he is the one making trips to find good building blocks...err. twigs! And oh, not to mention the two eggs, ofcourse Mama's hiding 'em). For starters, we installed some drawers and shelves to keep Adobee's clothes, painted Adobee's room (I'm not gonna reveal the color of the of the room as yet :) ), set up a guest bedroom (finally!), rearranged a few things in the kitchen (I know, this has nothing to do with a soon-to-be-born-baby) - but, you get the point.
There has been a lot of planning for this and that, odd little things...but most exciting of all, preparing for the new arrival. I've started spending hours together browsing the Babies R Us website, building my registry with all the cute and essential items required to keep this new member of our family comfortable.
I must admit that, like the Papa Pigeon, hubby dearest has been very accomodating of my pigeon-like behavior and has been taking his role seriously!
Here's to the ever inspiring pigeons *Raising a twig...*
Super Moist Banana Nut Loaf
11 years ago