Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Waiting Game

Now in the nineth month of the pregnancy, I'm beginning to count down to the B-Day. Boy! (or Girl!) Does it seem to go slow or what?My parents are already here, a good month and a half in advance, and we have most of baby shopping done - a few things still remain though. I must thank all our friends for the wonderful baby shower gifts. We'll definitely put them to great use.

Two of my friends here are also due around the same time, so keep track of each other's progress keeps the excitement on! Got to see if our babies will all stick to schedules or if one will be out sooner than the other.

A good way to get the clock ticking is to enrol for various birthing related classes. We are done with childbirth classes and the art of breastfeeding! Gotta see if I am artistic enough here! The childbirthing classes were absolutely fabulous - the nurse Nancy (I think, please to excuse my pregnancy amnesia) had an amazing sense of humor and really kept us all captivated. She even convinced me that I should not be watching "A Birth Story" on TLC! Now that's something. It was interesting to note that only 3 of us (10 in all) opted for an all natural delivery - mind you, this was before we got an idea of the duration of each contraction. Well, now that I've been through all the sessions, I am still determined to not take epidural. The needle that the anesthesiologist sticks into the spine is quite spine-chilling, literally! Haven't seen a longer one than that!

The breastfeeding class had a lot of useful information, stuff we never knew. Well, that's still justified since I haven't had babies before! They had baby-dolls for us to "play" with, to learn how to hold them while feeding, how to burp them etc. These little ones were so realistic, each weighing 8 lbs (that's how heavy they seemed) and a cute little newborn diaper on! And here's the best part -- a sneak peak inside the diaper would also tell you if your "baby" was a boy or a girl! The doll maker must have surely put a lot of thought into this :-)

A class still remains - Infant Care, that's scheduled for April 29. Hopefully, I'll still be sporting a baby belly then - just three weeks before I am due. And oh, we are going to get the car seat installed this weekend and have it checked by the Fire department as well, hopefully by one of the cuter firemen ;-)

Cinco, Quattro, Tres, Dos, Uno....and waiting!

No comments: