Dear Little One,
I thought I should write you a letter though it's at least a few years before you get to read this. Never the less, I wanted to share some of my thoughts with you lest I forget all or most of it by the time you are ready for this.
It's about 13 weeks now since your creation was first sparked. So far, we got to see you just once - your tiny head, body and arms/legs that had just begun to form. What was most amazing was seeing your tiny little heart beating away at a whopping 174 beats/min. That actually filled up our eyes with tears. It was such a beautiful moment -- that first sight of you is unforgetable. You looked happy, blissfully floating around, oblivious to what's going on around. At one point though, we almost felt you knew we were watching you, for you seemed to wave at us -- just a tiny wave, as much as you could manage to move that cute little arm.
At a subsequent doctor's visit, I got to hear your heart beat. It was so cool to hear that! I am so amazed with the technology available these days. I am sure, by the time you grow up, everything I am talking about now will be nothing then! Sadly though, this time, your dad was not with me to witness this beautiful music. But he will definitely get to experience it in just about a week's time, when we go to the doctor for the next routine appointment. We regularly have to check the progress of your development and make sure you are growing well.
Speaking of growth, I must mention that I have been having a lot of nausea every since you decide to grow inside me. I am not complaining though. It surely has been pretty difficult at times, but it's definitely a good sign of your health. Some say that you will have good hair. We just have to wait and see. Currently, my nausea is the only physical proof of your existence. I am beginning to show a little belly bump, but it's at least a month before it becomes evident. I can't feel you yet - I know you are moving around quite a bit, working out you little legs and hands. I believe you are very curious and love to explore your present home - my womb. You apparently keep jumping up and down, as if on a trampoline, and also do some sommersaults as well. That is absolutely incredible! I am eagerly waiting to feel that first punch and kick from you! Another milestone I will never be able to forget...
Last, but not the least, I have a few words of advice for you. I don't want to scare you, but I do want you to be aware of it. You'll meet a lot of people as you grow, and every one of them is different. You will have to learn how to deal with them, without hurting them and being strong yourself. We'll be there to guide you, so you have nothing to worry. We wish only the best and more for you.
Yours,
Mom