Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Flutterflies in my stomach...!

It's Week 17, and my tummy has begun to show, though it can still be hidden easily under loose clothes. A tad too big for my regular jeans, and mighty small for the maternity types...reminds me of the good ol' Complan commerical on TV!

Hubby dearest gets to answer a trick question every day - "Is my tummy visible now?", "Do I look pregnant?", "Does my tummy look flat?" and all other possible ways of asking the same question! At first, the answer would be, "No, your tummy is not showing.." or "It's flat!". Hey, trust me, this is the only time in a woman's life that she would want to not have her tummy as flat as the HD TV screen in her living room! Oh, what joy to see that round belly - rounder the merrier! My advice to all moms-to-be: Enjoy these 9 months of cherub bellies, you'll be back to whining and dieting and exercising pretty soon!

The pregnancy is "shaping up" well - I now have flutterflies er, butterflies in my stomach. Nervous? Well, let me say, "Not yet!!" I am sure the jitters are going to set in as the B-day approaches. These flutterflies were not my tummy growling from hunger, and neither were the effect of some food that I should not have eaten -- they were indeed the proof of life growing inside me! It was Adobe kicking out to say Hi in it's own special way!

There I was, lying in bed, with a hand on my tummy, when I suddenly felt a li'l kick, a flutter. And there was a second one just inches away from my first rendezvous. Could have been a figment of my imagination? I was sure it had been real, as surreal as it seemed! It was time to see if our gymnast would say respond to Papa. So Papa had his hand on my tummy, and we waited. I guess Adobe has a sense a humor too, there were no hellos. The hand was gone, and a few minutes later, another tap from inside! Quickly, Sanju's warm hand was back on my tummy, and Yes! This time we felt a series of flutters from the li'l one!

Looking forward to more punches and the kicks...


Knock Knock
Who's there?
Adobe
Adobe who?
Adobe the Acrobat who Punches, Dances and Flips inside your tummy!